Have you ever worked for a Company/Business that did not have operating policies, procedures, guidelines, core principles, a mission and a vision?
Whether or not they were clearly communicated, implemented, monitored and/or evaluated is another story; but I venture to say every business Enterprise has a general Mission (purpose for existence) and a general Vision (how that purpose will be achieved).
It's no different with the Kingdom. Let us review and examine our Kingdom's Mission, Vision, core Policies and Operating Procedures. Having this knowledge allows us to align our purpose and actions so that we are on target with Kingdom expectations.
Let's take a look at the
Kingdom Mission:Genesis 1:26-27 Expanded Bible (EXB)
26 Then God said,
- “Let us make human beings in our image and likeness.
- And let them rule [have dominion] over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky [heavens], over the tame animals [beasts; livestock], over all the earth, and over all the small crawling animals on the earth.”
27 So God created human beings [man; human beings, humankind, person, man] in his image [reflecting God’s nature/character and representing him in the world]. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female.
Kingdom Vision:Genesis 1:28 Expanded Bible (EXB)
28 God blessed them and said [ to them],
- “Have many children and grow in number [ Be fruitful and multiply].
- Fill the earth and be its master [subdue it].
- Rule [ Have dominion] over the fish in the sea and over the birds in the sky [heavens] and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
* Please note we are God's representation on earth (see verse 27) . That is why we were created in His likeness (nature/character/rulership).
*Also note, we were not created to have dominion/rulership over each other. That was not the original vision/plan (see verse 28 3rd bullet).
- Matthew 22:37-38 (NIV) Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.This is the first and greatest commandment.
- No other gods, only me [The King].
- No carved gods of any size, shape, or form of anything whatever, whether of things that fly or walk or swi Don’t bow down to them and don’t serve them because I am God, your God, and I’m a most jealous God, punishing the children for any sins their parents pass on to them to the third, and yes, even to the fourth generation of those who hate me. But I’m unswervingly loyal to the thousands who love me and keep my commandments.
- No using the name of God, your God, in curses or silly banter. God won’t put up with the irreverent use of his name.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Work six days and do everything you need to do. But the seventh day is a Sabbath to God, your God. Don’t do any work—not you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your servant, nor your maid, nor your animals, not even the foreign guest visiting in your town. For in six days God made Heaven, Earth, and sea, and everything in them; he rested on the seventh day. Therefore God blessed the Sabbath day; he set it apart as a holy day.
- Honor your father and mother so that you’ll live a long time in the land that God, your God, is giving you.
2. Matthew 22:39 (NIV) And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.
Operating Guidelines: Exodus 20:12-17The Message (MSG)
- No murder.
- No adultery.
- No stealing.
- No lies about your neighbor.
- No lusting after your neighbor’s house—or wife or servant or maid or ox or donkey. Don’t set your heart on anything that is your neighbor’s.