Wednesday, February 25, 2015

***Continued.....Ambassador DUTIES in Song

 
It was just last week that my Mother and I were in the Supermarket when the man in line right in front of us could not buy the two items he had (a box of crackers and a bag of chips) because he did not have enough money. 
 
I froze in the moment knowing what I needed to do but stood there in a daze with hurt for the man and captivated thoughts wondering how the man felt, if he really needed these things and should I offer to pay for them........as he walked away, my Mother kept saying Favor, pay for the items, Favor  you can pay for it, Favor.....but for some reason I was frozen, I eventually awakened from my fear and thoughts, responded okay to my Mom and asked the cashier how much his items came up to and told her I would pay for them while my mother ran after the man trying to get his attention.
 
We picked up the tab and the man thanked us graciously. I was terribly disappointed in myself nonetheless for delaying my response. I was sad in my heart knowing that I could and should have responded without delay. I kept saying in my heart, Lord please forgive me, God I'm so sorry.
 
Let us work on awakening our responses to move quickly to help when the opportunity presents it's self to us.
 
Today, we continue to sing about our duties and responsibilities as Kingdom Ambassadors.

If I Can Help Somebody
 
If I can help somebody as I travel along
If I can help somebody in a word or a song
If I can help somebody from doing wrong
then  my living shall not be in vain
 
No, my living shall not be in vain
No, my living shall not be in vain...
Morgan State University Choir


 
Make Me a Servant
Make me a servant
Humble and meek

Lord let me lift up
Those who are weak

And may the prayer
Of my heart always be

Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Make me a servant today...




Go Light Your World
There is a candle in every soul
Some brightly burning, some dark and cold
There is a spirit who brings a fire
Ignites a candle and makes His home
So carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the hopeless, confused and torn

Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle and go light your world
Take your candle and go light your world

Frustrated brother, see how he's tried to
Light his own candle some other way

See now your sister, she's been robbed and lied to
Still holds a candle without a flame

So carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the lonely, the tired and worn...

Chris Rice

14 comments:

  1. What I studied today was about helping someone when we are in the position to.

    Atilola's World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ma'am, We are God's hands and feet on the earth.

      Delete
  2. This was very touching.
    God help us not to have delayed responses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can do all things through Christ who will give us the wisdom and strength.

      Delete
  3. Delayed response, I have those too. Unfortunately, I've had a couple when the moment to help passes while thinking and analyzing the situation and then feeling regretful later, hoping the next opportunity to help comes along.
    God help us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'v also had many "letting the moment pass to help".....Hope we will be ready and willing act when the next opportunity comes along.

      Delete
  4. Down through the years, I've always wanted to read the entire bible all the way through and I finally started last year. I'm only in Proverbs now, but I've come across so many verses that talk about helping people... the poor, your neighbor, the widowed. Honestly, I'm not always in the position where I'm able to be a financial blessing to other's, but I think it's wonderful that you were able to help that man at the store. Even if it was
    a delayed reaction, you didn't turn your back on him and still reacted.

    I enjoyed the videos as well. I was born and raised in Maryland and I am very familiar with the Morgan State Choir. Blessings to you... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the songs Dee. I LOVE Morgan State Choir..... perhaps I'll run into you at some point fellow Marylander!

      Delete
  5. This touched me.
    How many times have I let an opportuinity to help someone pass by(not just delay it)
    All cuz my mind argues with my heart.
    Thank you for bringing this to mind.

    I couldn't play the last song shared but loved the lyrics.maybe I will try to see if I can download it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Frances! "my mind argues with my heart" This is a problem I face sometimes too.

      Go light your world is a beautiful song, I hope you'll get to download it.

      Delete
  6. Nadia! Beautiful name :-)
    Indeed, we must not only help those in need, but also not delay in helping them too.. Sometimes, it's not very easy but I am praying to God for grace to be responsive to the needs of others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ayo! :-). I'm having fun slowly yet covertly presenting myself to you all.

      Faith and works go hand in hand. We can't have one without the other. May God's grace lead us.

      Delete
  7. Hmmmm......Delayed response #foodforthought
    Nice blog....I will check more often.

    ReplyDelete

What do you Think? Would love to read your thoughts...