Friday, September 13, 2013

His Ears and Our Tears

This week I read a passage of scripture that reinforced that God is merciful and he hears our heartfelt desperate cries from the depth of our soul, as we plead and beg in our prayers to him. I have experienced times and times again that God is moved with compassion and mercy to answer when we cry out to Him and humble our selves before him. Often times the answer is not immediate but ALWAYS right on time.

The passage that touched me this week is in Isaiah 38 where King Hezekiah was sick unto death and the prophet Isaiah told him that the Lord said he was going to die and not live.


Isaiah 38-1-4 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the Lord, And said, Remember now, O Lord, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore. Then came the word of the Lord to Isaiah, saying, 5 Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.

This instance is not the first time God reversed a course of action due to an individual's supplication. I believe supplication takes you to a level of humility before God that often includes tears and pleading/begging.

Psalms 34:6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubls.
Exodus 3:7 And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; verse 8-9: And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites. Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.

Psalms 34:15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.


Psalms 34: 17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Psalms 34:18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

My Prayer: Today I join with the David as he cried out to you in Psalms 27 I also cry out to you Almighty God ....Hear O Lord when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When you say, Seek my face; my heart said to you, your face Lord will I seek. Please don't hide your face far from me; Please do not put your servant away in anger. You oh God has been my help; Please don't leave me or forsake me, O God of my salvation.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! May God answer your heart's cry in Jesus name.
    Thanks for sharing this. It's important to know that God is a wonderful Father who cares deeply about each and every one of His children. God bless you HF, I look forward to hearing your testimonies xx

    ReplyDelete

What do you Think? Would love to read your thoughts...