Thursday, December 5, 2019

Once Upon a Time: Late or Nah

Am I late to the Chicken sandwich debate, challenge, competition opinion between Chick-fil-A and Popeye's? 


Once upon a time when the blogging community was, robust, full of lots more participants  the thing (thanks Instagram 😏), I am sure this commotion would have made several rounds as a topic of review and opinion in blogville.


I observed A LOT of commotion on social media a few Months ago, debating which chicken sandwich  is better of the two franchises.


I have had Chick-fil-A too many times to count.  I like the values of the Christian franchise owner and as a result I default going there for "fast food"


I've had my eye on the Popeye's chicken sandwich after seeing the commercials earlier in the spring/summer but didn't make a move to get one.  I also started noticing especially on the weekends at some point passing by Popeye's and seeing jam packed parking lots, all due to the release of the chicken sandwich!  In addition many memes on Instagram and people sharing their reviews. Of course my curiosity was heightened but I was not in a rush.


One day for lunch over the summer I decided to go to a Popeye's near work to finally try their sandwich......unfortunately they ran out.  So several months passed up until today, and all the commotion seemed to have died down so I decided to give it another try to obtain this latest sensation.


So, Yeah I guess I'm late to the game. Do you want to know my thoughts? my verdict?


As mentioned I've had every chicken sandwich on "Chick's" menu and enjoy them all.  I tried the Popeye's chicken sandwich today and it was good. The meat was big, juicy, crispy with a hint of spic (I chose the spicy one).


Does this mean I will select Popeye's as my first choice whenever I want a chicken sandwich? No, I'm still committed to Chick-fil-A....I like the Christian principles the founder and will continue to support them.

So what are your thoughts, have you tried both? do you have a winner between the two chicken sandwiches?







2 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried Popeye's sandwich. When I moved to PA everyone told me that I'd be obsessed with Chick-fil-A and I'm not. I do like their waffle fries extra crispy. But besides that I don't think their food is anything special, lol. I don't think I'll be trying either anytime soon to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I guess that's a double nah for you, ha! Okay, I will say that all Chick-fil-A's are not equal. I got something from the franchise in Atlanta and had to trash it so I get it!

      Delete

What do you Think? Would love to read your thoughts...