Friday, May 8, 2015

Daddy

Dear Daddy,

I've never spoken about you on my blog but circumstances has changed this.  I got  a call that you died yesterday afternoon.  It really didn't hit me till this morning, wondering if it is true so I called your number and it was confirmed.  I call my sister and she was crying, confirmed again.

Daddy, though our relationship has been strained these past several years, I'm so glad we had a heart to heart in the beginning of this year.  You cried and I reassured you the best I could. We didn't have a tight bond like I hear others talk about their fathers, However I am so honored to have known you and had the chance to inter act with you severally.

Daddy, I will never forget when I visited home several years ago. It was about 2003,  I was afraid to travel because of the terrible plane insidence of 9/11/2001. I remember my good friend Mr Milton praying with me and reciting the 23rd Psalm to me over the phone leading up to my trip.  I remember Mommy tellimg me when I get to the airport not to talk to anyone, don't allow anyone to assist me with my baggage etc for general safety reasons. So when I exited the Airport I helped myself and stood outside in the crowd looking out for you.  While standing there, a tall dark man in a bright blue shirt with flowers inprinted on it came directly towards me out of the crowd; he approached me and pointed in a direction and said " Si yuh fada there" I looked in the direction he was pointing to and lo and behold there you were in your vehicle just turning the corner.  I was amazed and said to the man " How do you know that's MY Father?"  He said "Don't worry man, I know him VERY well"

By the time my father parked, the man dissapeared.  My mother came rushing over asking me who was that man and what did he want?  I told her what the man said and we didn't talk about it after that as we were busy getting my luggage and working our way through the crowd.  We couldn't help but surmize it had to be an Angel standing with me. How else could and ordinary person picked me out of a crowd that I never met him before and be able to identify my my connection to my father and declare He knows him very well and he disapeared?

Daddy, I commit your soul in the hads of Jesus, who declared to Know you VERY well. It is well with your soul. 

You have left your seeds on the earth.
Jesus be my peace, our peace.
Let your good and Perfect will be done.
May your son be laid to rest with all honor and dignity.
May his seed be united and a greater genuine bond be had between us.
May we meet agian and be reuinited in the promise of the resurrection and inherit your promise of eternal life.

IT is well with your soul Daddy a quiet, unasuming, easy going, hansome man.
God be with you till we meet again




Love you Daddy, wish I had told you more often.

 

20 comments:

  1. This was such a beautiful and honest tribute to you father, Highly Favored. Please accept my condolences on your loss. I cannot imagine how difficult this is, but I am glad that you have the "blessed assurance" that you shall meet again. I'm also really glad that you were able to have a heart to heart earlier this year.

    My best regards to your sister and your mother too...God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jummy. I appreciate your kind words, thank you.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry about your loss, and can't imagine how you feel at this moment. Here's wishing you and your family strength for today, tomorrow and always. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. So sorry for the loss of your daddy, words can't even come out of my mouth! I can imagine! May God comfort you at this time! Truly truly giving u a big hug from over here! Also, read book of psalms for comfort! Am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Destiny. I appreciate you, thanks for the hug, I needed it.

      Delete
  4. This is so amazing and sad at the same time. I am so sorry for your loss but really glad that you had time to connect with him before he passed. Accept my condolences; sending you lots of love and hugs****

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beauty. God is amazing. Appreciate your thoughtfulness and hug too.

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry about your loss. May God give you the strength to bear the loss.

    Bear hugs darling. It is well and God keep you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sykik. Amen. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  6. So sorry for your loss hun. I Pray God will give you and your family the strength and all that you need to get through this time. Glad you had an opportunity to connect with him before his passing.
    Will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Thanks Christiana. I appreciate your prayers. I'm glad about that too. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Aww, so sorry. May God grant you the fortitude to bear this loss. May the Holy Spirit comfort you and your family in this season.

    Would name your child after a celebrity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, thank you Atilola. Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  8. Sending hugs your way highly favored..God comforts, and I pray He wraps His arms of comfort around you and all yours.
    May your dad RIP

    ReplyDelete
  9. God's comfort and strength for you and your family dear. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your loss Highly Favoured.
    It is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS well with me indeed. Thank Dido!

      Delete

What do you Think? Would love to read your thoughts...