Monday, May 21, 2018

The Royal Wedding

This post is very special to me.  The reason is, my very FIRST Blog Post (Link) was on William and Kate's wedding.


You see, I was reading many blogs during that season, however I was not pulled to starting a blog and writing a post until after watching their wedding.


First let me say that Harry and Megan's wedding was simplicity at its best.  Their love and admiration for each other was so tangibly felt. The part that moved me the most was watching her mother and  imagining all the emotions that welled up in her heart. 


Coming from a somewhat slightly similar background, (being raised as an only child by single black mother, sent to private school and graduating from college, same age range).  Just looking at her Mom holding back the tears, and trying hard to keep her composure, my heart ached.  Just knowing all that she never could have dreamt or imagined happening before her eyes..... her girl marrying a Prince.... a Royal Wedding.....now titled Her Royal Highness...... the world watching...... I felt overwhelmed with her.


Then her dress stunned everyone in a way that they didn't expect. Everyone was expecting a bit of grandeur to some degree, instead just the opposite.....extreme simplicity. Talk about drawing attention in an unexpected way.  Also, I love how fresh her face was; to me that was Royal. Loving yourself the way you are; not bowing to pressure to please any one's expectation of you.


The black minister that officiated the talk on LOVE, with his humor, personality and charisma how powerful was that sermonette?! 


The Choir.....I was so happy to see them, excellent presentation. 


My heart is still full from this experience.  I pray that their marriage will be fulfilling to them both as they live out their purpose in service, compassion, philanthropy, equal rights, and all that they endeavor to accomplish together.



2 comments:

  1. It was so beautiful to watch and certainly has set them apart from the ones before them. What a beautiful union! And I can't imagine all the emotions her mom must have felt! I also how simple and elegant her dress was! She was basically telling us all that their marriage was not for show and was not a show! Absolutely loved, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Set Apart indeed. We got the message for sure, not a show and not for show.

      Delete

What do you Think? Would love to read your thoughts...