Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Touch Base/Random

It has been  a while since I have written a "proper" post.  I miss writing especially my series themed posts, they inspire me so much.  I have been quite busy and haven't had time to write posts as I use to.
I thought it would be great to do a mini catch up post on "my life lately"...


1. One of my goals the past two years was to find a Church closer to home where I could be/get involved.  I've been blessed to do just that and become involved in the various ministries like, Women's ministry, Community Service etc.  To top it all off, several months ago my Pastor called me out of the blue and asked me to preach a sermon for him at church during his absence.  I was surprised shocked and was wondering to myself where and why out of the blue this request came from.  Well the Man of God said he believes I am Anointed and believes in the Anointing on my life.  I have since preached spoken twice at church. I praise God for using me to touch lives, bring inspiration, awaken the consciousness, courage and hopefulness to not only others but myself too.




2. I was selected to receive a raise in pay on the job recently. This is significant for me and I thank God for the continuous flow of Favor/blessings in my life and career.


3.  My mom traveled to Jamaica in December and stayed for 3 months!!!!  If you've read my blog for a number of years you would know that I'm a Mama's girl.  I thank God for protection during her travels and reuniting us again.


4. I permed my Natural hair over the summer.  Did not process it again until a few weeks ago (about 9 months). It's a welcomed change I must say after being natural since 2008. I've been in mostly protective styles though- wig, braids (which I learnt to do my self several months ago, was one of my goals.) I've been purposeful about taking care of my hair and it is GROWING healthy and beautiful.


5.  My oldest Son is turning 15 next month!!! My, he is still such a sweet child teenager. I'm so proud of him and continue to pray for God's favor to guide and direct his path.  The other son is turning 5 next month also, he doesn't like me much, don't know why but he adores my Mother; oh well.  The youngest is turning two next month as well and his parents are gifts of friendship. My prayer is that God continues to bless and keep them.


6.   Even though I am yet to marry(one of my life goals/ been on my check list for a LONG time waiting to be checked off); My joy is full and I have peace.


Thanks for reading and your support!!  Tell me, what are your favorite kids of post you look forward to most from this space?

12 comments:

  1. Happy to ready about all the wonderful things happening to you and around you. Preaching, now that's major; more grace and more anointing to you dear.
    I'll have to say i do enjoy you series theme post. I especially love the one on Kingdom Ambassadors. They are inspiring and i love the fact that you made it so easy to relate to/connect by bringing it to everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christiana! I appreciate your feedback. I have more posts ready to go, its just a matter of making time to write them.

      Delete
  2. Wow. I thank God for your life and the stepping stones along the way. I actually thought you were married.

    Am I the legitimate daughter of my father?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet Atilola! What made you think that I was married? That's a nice thought though :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow! More grace to you and I pray God brings all your heart's desires to a fruition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. truly enjoyed reading about you :-) Happy easter to you and family , you are truly blessed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post! i just found your blog today and it's refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Omolara! Please come back and visit again.

      Delete
  6. There is just so much awesome in this post that I just might have to mention most of them, haha. That is so great that your pastor asked you to preach in his absence. I get why he did it because you speak wisdom and truth.

    Congrats on the pay raise too! Love that your mom was able to visit for 3 months, such a blessing!

    I wonder often if I will go back to permed hair but my hair now takes me no time and because I don't do much on my hair I wonder if I could go back to relaxing. The awesome thing is that no matter what if you know how to take care of your hair it will grow healthy and strong either way.

    15?! Wow, happy birthday to him!

    I really enjoyed this post. Gave me a sneak peek into your life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith. God is awesomely Great!!

      You are right about the hair thing. Hair will grow if you take care of it regardless.

      Delete

What do you Think? Would love to read your thoughts...