Thursday, August 28, 2014

Nature

Extra special thanks for your prayers and reassurances from my last post. I love you all dearly.  You know this life is FULL of ups and downs/ twists and turns. What makes the difference and helps us to bounce back from the downs/twists and turns is crying out to God for help and let me tell you...God IS faithful and He truly cares, hears and loves us.

The final topic that I'd like to talk about in our Spirit Health Series is the gift of Nature. Before I move on, I want to mention that I totally enjoyed these inspired posts. They have challenged me and continue to motivate me for a more solid, focused, goal directed spiritual life.  I hope you have been motivated and challenged for growth as well.  There is so much more that could be explored but we'll have occasional Spiritual Check ups every now and then in future posts.

Nature...

Let's explore nature and its impact on our physical and spiritual health. 

Did you know that that looking at green growing plants and trees helps reduce stress, lower blood pressure and put us in a better mood?

Experts have noted that hospital patients with a view of tree branches out their window  recover at a much faster rate than patients who see buildings.  This is why hospitals across the US have started building Healing/Therapeutic Gardens  at an accelerated rate for their patients.

Spirit Health

If the view of nature has a calming/healing/stress reducing effect on patients in a hospital environment, I can only imagine what results admiring and appreciating the beauty of Nature has on our Spiritual health.

I believe beautifully painted birds, plants, trees, flowers in all their varieties; oceans, rivers, lakes, natural landscape formations the sun, moon and stars, animals, humans in all varieties............ALL of God's creation, is a gift from God.

This gift of Nature helps us to relax, experience peace, put a smile on our face, picks at our curiosity and most importantly, causes us to reflect and appreciate the Awesomeness of our Creator God.

Genesis 1:1- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Take the time to reflect on the beauty of nature around you where ever you are, and enjoy the spiritual benefits of calm, peace, stillness and oneness with God and His Marvelous creative works.

Psalms 19:1-2 (CEB) Heaven is declaring God's Glory, the sky is proclaiming his handiwork

First Light.  Photo © Flickr User: Gerald Berliner.

Psalms: 8:3-4 (AMP) When I view and consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have ordained and established; What is man that you are mindful of him and the son of man that you care for him?

 
Psalms 69:34 Let heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and everything that moves in them
 
All in the Family.  Photo © Flickr User: kinsey5156.
 
 

Psalms 96:4-6 For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of people are idols but the Lord made the heavens, Honor and Majesty are before Him. Strength and Beauty are in His Sanctuary.
 
Psalms 145:5 They speak of the glorious splendor of your Majesty and I will meditate on your wonderful works.

Nehemiah 9:6 You alone are the Lord; You have made heaven, The heaven of heavens, with all their host, The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, and You preserve them all.  The host of heaven worships you.


This is My Father's World
 
This is my Father’s world,
and to my listening ears
all nature sings, and round me rings
the music of the spheres.
This is my Father’s world:
I rest me in the thought
of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
his hand the wonders wrought
 
This is my Father’s world,
the birds their carols raise,
the morning light, the lily white,
declare their maker’s praise.
This is my Father’s world:
he shines in all that’s fair;
in the rustling grass I hear him pass;
he speaks to me everywhere
 
This is my Father’s world.
O let me ne’er forget
that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father’s world:
why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King; let the heavens ring!
God reigns; let the earth be glad!

 
Lord, we love you and we thank you for the gift of seeing a glimps of your beauty and the essence of who you are through nature. We thank you for the spiritual connectedness we expereince and the spiritual blessings of peace, calm and even the physiological affects when we purposefully take the time to open our eyes to acknowledge your wonderful works.  We appreciate you God and will forever seek to praise you in the beauty of holiness.

10 comments:

  1. I have to say this is one of my favorites from this series. Although i did enjoy them all. Your perspective on this series and the way you relate "spiritual health" is quite commendable. I may have bookmarked one or two from this series for personal refreshment and conversational use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christiana!! Long time. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed this post and that you were reading along on the others as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts glad you enjoyed :-)

      Delete
  2. love your faith and strength in God, somedays we have bad days but it's only faith and trust in God that keep one going. Am glad you doing much better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lord for the beauty of nature..
    I wasn't much of a person that appreciates nature but I have come to realise that it's one of the ways to be awed by the wonderful nature of God.. Just too awesome.
    Hope you're doing well hun *hugs*.. God bless you loads and thank you for being a blessing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ayo....May God bless you as you continue to be a blessing.

      Delete
  4. thank you for this encouraging and beautiful post, your blog is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. Hello Dear

    I sent you an email!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Funmi! nice to hear from you. I've checked and responded to your E-mail.

      Delete

What do you Think? Would love to read your thoughts...