Monday, August 11, 2014

Cardio 'Pump It Up'

Greetings! I have missed my blog and reading yours for a week. I have some catching up to do. I attended a training/seminar for work last week called Crucial Conversations; It was excellent training on how to have healthy dialog about problems or situations that need to be addressed or worked out without withdrawing and becoming silent on the matter or take it to the other extreme of being violent which involves verbally attacking, accusing, insulting and/or being condescending. The training taught us several tools/techniques it was overall a great training.

So continuing our Spirit Health theme. How are you doing? I've had some ups and downs, triumphs and failures I have to keep focused and remember...A person's steps are made secure by the Lord when they delight in his way. Though they trip up, they won't be thrown down, because the Lord holds their hand: Psalms 37:23-24 (CEB).

Now to the topic for today, Cardio Exercise.  Cardio is exercise that gets your heart beating fast. A pumped up heart rate moves blood throughout the body more vigorously which increases the circulation of oxygen. It's a ripple effect, as regular cardio exercise fills you with more energy, reduces stress, mood is lifted, thinking becomes clearer and sharper; regular cardio exercise also improves immune function, lowers blood pressure, strengthens our heart and lungs and burns up calories which helps with weight loss.

Spirit Health
 
Have you ever found that you have a desire to do some things but can't seem to push yourself to actually do it? The action thought rarely leaves your head to materialize?

Proverbs 15:19 (NKJV) The way of the lazy man is like a hedge of thorns, but the way of the upright is a highway

Perhaps you find yourself easily distracted,  you may start something but not follow though to its completion before starting on something else and the cycle repeats itself leaving nothing accomplished? 

Proverbs 13:4 (NKJV) The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.

The questions is, how do we 'Pump Up' our spiritual state so that we can have a sense of accomplishment, reduced stress, increase emotional stability, mental focus and increased self confidence?

We'll have to do some cardio exercise to motivate ourselves for better results, time management, mental weight loss and overall life fulfillment.

Spirit Health Cardio Exercise
  • Make a check list of need to do's and want to do's and break it down to mini steps of needed for focus.
    • Example of Need to Do's: 
                         ___Renew expired passport
                              ___complete application
                              ___ get passport picture taken
                              ___ Include fees
                              ___ Mail off application

I LOVE checklists, I would not be able to function successfully at work without them.  I've started using checklists in my personal life for the past two years and Its feels GREAT to cross things off as I've accomplished them.  It helps me to keep focused and makes me feel good in my spirit.  I don't put time frames around my lists but I have a note book that I writ things down in and I pray over it and go back and reference it once in a while to check things off and review what next kinda thing, no pressure at all.

I have things on my list such as make a new friend and so far I've made two!! It happened so naturally.  I also have listed,  learn to make two new dishes.....I've made and perfected like three; Try out a new hair style etc.  Any way, you get the drift...

Proverbs 12:11(CEB) Those who work their land will have plenty to eat, but those who engage in empty pursuits have no sense.

Let us work on our land as the bible text states. Land for the purpose of this exercise can be our goals, desires, needs, so that we will be filled by having a sense of worth, completeness and purpose.
                                                

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Such a great post. I need to be more diligent with creating lists and reviewing them on a regular basis—a very weak area for me!

    I have always felt that once you write down something that you want to do or want to have, you're more aware of it and are therefore able to take advantage of opportunities that will move you toward that goal. Prayer too is an important ingredient in making your wishes come true—thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome GNG; glad you enjoyed and hope you've ben inspired. I read somewere that one of the secrets of successful people is they have documented(written down) life goals/lists that they regularly review and work towards.

      Delete

What do you Think? Would love to read your thoughts...