Friday, June 21, 2013

Getting High

I spent some time getting high this week. It's been a while since I prostrated before the Lord through fasting and prayer.  This was a one day affair and It was awesome....I feel so refreshed and rejuvenated in my Spirit. I was pressing for Higher dimensions in my spiritual life and praising God for all He has done for me. The Hymn below sums it up for me.

                                       Higher Ground (Charles Gabriel)

I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I’m onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

Refrain:
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven’s tableland,
A higher plane than I have found;
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where those abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.

I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.

I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till heav’n I’ve found,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

My Prayer
Lord plant my feet HIGHER, Hiiiya,  HiiiiiiiYah Jesus.  Take me higher in my walk, higher in my praise, higher in the fruits of your Spirit. Another plain another level in your presence, Is my prayer In Jesus Name....AMEN.

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL hymn!! :) I am stopping on over from your comment from my guest post on Blogs By Christian Women! Thank you so much for your lovely and encouraging comment!! I am delighted to be your newest follower and follow along with where Jesus leads you!
    :) Rebecca
    www.caravansonnet.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you Think? Would love to read your thoughts...